Three of my favorite things.
I’ve made it back to New England after driving five hours on the worst roadway on Earth, Route 95.
So far today has been decently productive. I started and finished everybody’s Christmas shopping. My step-dad and I made a pit stop to grab breakfast at this little faux-diner (nothing like the diners in Jersey) before finishing his Christmas shopping.
I picked up some new nail polish to try out before wrapping gifts, which so far looks pretty decent. As anybody can tell you, I paint my nails about as well as Helen Keller can paint her own, so the fact that they look pretty decent is exciting.
I’m trying to spend this break relaxing and recharging, but it’s incredibly difficult when I’m out of my usual routine. Bright side, it’s Christmas so I can focus on seeing family that I haven’t seen since last Christmas (when I was only halfway done with law school) and going into food comas. Last year, I got a little drunk on Christmas Eve and spent Christmas morning with a huge headache, so I’m going to try to not do that this year by drinking Pedialyte. (Shoutout to Pedialyte, you the real MVP!)
M and I had our Christmas last week, which was fantastic. I love him so much and I’m so happy that this is our second Christmas as a couple. He’s so great and I’m so fortunate to have him in my life.
Anyways, here’s what I’m grateful for:
1. Having a safe place to call home
2. Having one semester left to finish in law school
3. Having a job lined up for after graduation
4. Family, friends, and french fries
5. Being able to buy my friends/family gifts to show how much they mean to me
6. That Santa Claus liked the cookies we made the other night
7. Being able to afford simple luxuries like being able to order takeout, buy new nail polish, and wawa coffee
8. That I haven’t been pulled over in my life
9. The perfect emoji when I can’t think of the right word to say
10. That I can legally drink my face off during the holidays.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and I’ll be posting again soon.