The bar exam takes place over three days, July 26, 27 and 28. In those three days, I’ll drive approximately 338 miles, stay at two hotels, answer 200 multiple choice questions, write 13 essays, and probably cry at least twice.
You know what will help me get through it? Besides being a licensed attorney (!!!), I’m making plans for after the bar exam. Fun enough that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but not too fun to blow my bank account aka adulting at its finest.
- SLEEP. I’m going to come right home from the exam and sleep until the bags under my eyes completely disappear.
- SHOWER. And stay in there for 45+ minutes because that hot water and nothing to do feeling will be great.
- DRINK. Drink all of the alcohol and then rehydrate with pedialyte because hangovers are no joke when they last 24+ hours.
- GET A MASSAGE. I’m just waiting to book the appointment. What do I want to do? Hot stone? Swedish? Deep tissue? All of the above? So many choices!
- MANI/PEDI. I’m sure after ripping my fingernails to shreds and keeping shoes on all summer, I’ll need a mani/pedi so the casual observer won’t think I’m a stunt double for Gollum
- GET A HAIRCUT. Chop a few inches off, maybe go for a new color, something to make me look like a human being that cares for their appearance.
- CALL EVERYBODY. Everybody that I ignored during bar prep that is. Although I’ll make a rule that says they can’t ask me the dreaded question, “How do you think you did?” I know they’re asking to be polite, or to figure out how I’m feeling, but I DON’T KNOW HOW I DID. ASK AGAIN NEVER. I’ll tell you the results when I hear back in October.